Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hopefully it is my LUCKY week!

So on Thursday last week, Kalee and I bought a few scratch of cards just for fun...long, long story short, we WON $200. We were so excited! Kalee started crying after we won the first 50 bucks, before I knew it my arm was black and blue from her slapping me in excitement!

On Saturday, we all got together at the Benedict's for the OU/texas game...(that was actually not a lucky part of my week). Brad Coon made us a grid for the game. We all signed ten squares and the person with the winning numbers at the end of each quarter won $22.50. I entered the contest with some of the money I had won on Thursday! Even though I didn't like the outcome of the game, I had the numbers 5/5. So I won a dirty $22.50. On a side note, I would have traded my winnings for an Oklahoma win, but I will give my congrats to Texas (I guess).



Tonight, Nathan was working on the computer, I was playing double solitaire. For those of you who don't know, it is a really hard game to win. I have been playing for years, and until tonight I can count the number of times I have won on one hand. Well...I sat down tonight shuffled the cards...and I won. Then I shuffled again, and weirdly I won again. I WON four times. I looked at Nathan and I said, "We have got to go buy a lottery ticket!" So we did! We went to the local gas station, asked the lady for help because we were clueless about how to do it and we purchased our first lottery ticket.

Tomorrow night at 10:00, we will find out if this is truely a LUCKY week!

Stay tuned...

No comments: